You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
24-03-YC121

Today saw a most unexpected honour.  I was invited to attend Lady Newelle's Court, for a very important, and very exclusive, meeting.  I cannot really fathom exactly why I was invited, given the small number of other attendees were people of such moment.  The Lord Consort was there, of course, and Alizabeth, the Marshall Protector - whom I recently have been so blessed as to able to call my friend - and Commander Kley.  Also present was Chujo Katrina Oniseki, a most valuable ally of ours.  I was certainly amongst elevated company!

Chujo Oniseki brought some beautiful gifts for Lady Newelle, and it seems she has great power and influence.  Indeed, the main reason for this small gathering was exactly around how PIE might make use of such a well-connected ally in ensure the protection of the Empire.  Certainly some very interesting plans were formulated.  To be privy to such discussions - it shows the trust that Lady Newelle must have in me, for which I am very grateful, though I feel I have done nothing to warrant such attention.

Commander Kley was named as Mentor to Lady and Lord Consort Newelle son. I can think of no-one better suited to the role, of course, and I am sure the young man will grow up well versed in all manner of education that befits his future role.  I think that Commander Kley was quite surprised at being so singled out, but I do not see why - she is such an shining example of a faithful and dutiful retainer that it is only right she be so highly rewarded.  Aldrith also hinted that others may be in line to have similarly great honours bestowed upon them. Strangely, he looked directly at me when he said this, with that look in his eye that means he is loading his words with hidden meaning - he has always had a flair for the dramatic - but he surely cannot have been suggesting one of those individuals would be me.  I have done nothing at all.  I have won no great victories, nor performed any great feat or service. Indeed, I swear I must often fade into the background, eclipsed by the likes of Lieutenant Lioncourt, Commander Kley, or Captains Elkin and Daphiti.  I am sure he must have meant something else by it, but I am too dull-witted to understand what.

Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to be there today, and a great honour, made even greater by Lady Newelle quiet thanks in parting, for services to her House.  Of course, she means looking after Aldrith that time.  Oh dear, I think she would not be thanking me so readily were she to have known my thoughts and desires on that night.  Ah, but they are surely laid to rest now.

No comments:

Post a Comment