You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
03-03-YC121

Constantin.   Beautiful Constantin.  He is everything I have ever dreamed of, and even if in the end he does not want me, I shall always remember this night.

We went to the Trillion Aqua Hotel in Madirmilire, to accompany Captain Daphiti and Lord Aor.   Captain Daphiti was absolutely captivating in her dress, and I can quite clearly see why Lord Aor has taken such a liking to her.  I have not met Lord Aor before, but he seemed very pleasant, and a perfect gentleman of particularly good heritage.

Dinner was perfect! It was a pleasant surprise to find an establishment outside of Nakri able produce even a passable trout with pomegranate sauce, but the Trillion's speciality is seafood, and their culinary skills would, I quite believe, satisfy even Nikolai's exacting taste.  Constantin gave a most beautiful Grace before we ate.  Every word he speaks lifts my heart, he is so eloquent.   I do not think I shall ever hear an unpleasant word fall from his mouth.  Indeed, the way we talk together (and now we share food in public!), one would think we had been together for years.

After dinner was, of course, dancing!  Sadly, poor Captain Daphiti had to sit out, though Lord Aor kept her company.  Ah, how I recall the "broken shoe" ploy!  Honestly, if someone invented a heel that broke on demand, but also "miraculously" self-repaired when required, they would be the richest person in New Eden.

We danced and danced.  A little less energetically this time, but still as wonderful as always.  I do so adore it when Constantin leads.  He is commanding but gentle, and we dance in perfect harmony together.  We spoke of My Darling's wish to present himself formally to my parents, and ask them for their permission to court me.  He is simply the sweetest, most adorable man I have ever met, and I know that Mama and Papa will be overjoyed when he asks them!  I must shamefully admit that I found this conversation so enthralling I quite forgot about Captain Daphiti and Lord Aor, and it was not until the night was ending that I remember we were supposed to chaperone them!  I think they had taken the opportunity afford them, and spent more time getting to know one another.  They make a handsome couple, I do hope something comes of it.  Lord Aor left for his estates, and Constantin and I said goodbye to Captain Daphiti.  Amusingly, I think the Captain could not quite resist keeping to rank, instructing me to make sure I reported for duty the next day.  Did she perhaps see coming what I did not?

Constantin and I stayed and took a walk through the botanical gardens.  Such an amazing display, so many species that I have only seen in the books in the family Library.  We walked and we talked of so many things.  I spoke of foolish things, of course, as I always do.  I told him how I know I am not the woman he should be with, for who am I but a minor noble of no import?  A creature of war and conflict.  Whereas he is high-born to an illustrious heritage, and does such noble work in the name of God, that if there is any hope for the future of humanity, it springs from his labours, not mine.  Yet, his replies were so reassuring, so kind.  There is not a shred of Darkness in his entire soul.  I wonder how it is that he can seem to ignore mine.


I do not know why, but I told him something I did not think I ever would, spoke words I believed I would never speak again.

I told him I love him.

He replied with words I would never have dared dream I would hear.

He told me he loves me.

We stayed the night in the hotel.  He performed a ceremony around the room, blessing it. Then he washed my feet, and I washed his.

We made love.

We spent much of this morning holding one another, simply talking, learning about each other.  I shall forever feel blessed that he has not rejected me out of hand on things I have told him.  To think as well that he was afraid I would reject him because of his heritage.  I never could, not now, and his bloodline explains his bravery and determination.  Perhaps my lineage and his shall become as one, perhaps not, but if I am granted such a gift, it is something I shall take on proudly.

We had to part, I to the warzone, and Constantin to his Diocese.  I pray it shall not be too long until I can feel his arms around me again, holding me close, whilst I listen to his voice tell me the things my heart has longed to hear for so long.  Until then, Constantin, My Love, my God and the Eternal Empress keep you from harm and sorrow.  I shall not stop thinking of you, and of our first night together.

No comments:

Post a Comment