You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
15-03-YC121

I am writing this as he sleeps soundly in my bed.  He is so beautiful, his dark skin glistening in the gentle light from the stars.  I am memorising every line and swirl of every tattoo, that I may see them clearly whenever I close my eyes.  By the time he wakes I shall have left for Mehatoor.  The Operation against the Heretics is tomorrow, and I must make preparations.  Felix's Executioners are completed and I shall have to meet Ramina to organise other necessary items.  If he is still here when I return, I hope he is asleep again, so that I may silently enter the room, gently wake him by kisses across every inch of his inked skin, and ask him to make love to me, just as he made love to me tonight.

He came to the Estate today.  I knew he was going to, of course, and I knew why, but when Dzerzhinsky finally came to my room to fetch me I was so very relieved to know he had arrived.  I had been pacing the floor for what seemed like hours, although in truth he had arrived before I had even rushed back from Mehatoor.  I had to sneak into the Estate, rush upstairs, and get Vea to help me into my Court Dress, the red and gold Sarum one.  I do not know how, but she managed to work some magic that covered all evidence that I had only just arrived.  What useful skills she has.  A shame she wants to leave for the Federation.

I do not know for how long My Darling had been talking with Mama and Papa, and Dzerzhinsky would not give anything away, even though I almost pleaded with him for clues, but whatever they had spoken about, he must have made an even greater impression that I had expect he would.  Oh, but he looked so majestic and handsome and formal standing there in the Drawing Room!  He wasted no time though, and asked but a moment later for the permission of my parents to court me!

I shall never, no matter how many years I am blessed with, forget that sweetest of music - the sound of Mama and Papa saying loudly and clearly that they had no objections.  Toasts we made, handshakes and hugs and kisses all around.  Even Dzerzhinsky was smiling away, pleased for us.  Oh, and Constantin's toast.  As with everything, he had the perfect words, I can hear them now as if he were speaking them in his sleep - "To the House DeSilvestris, for your kindness, your generosity... your good sense of humor."  A toast to "the finest woman I have ever met, a credit to the Empire and a blessing".  Then to pray that "God, the Throne, the Sarum family, and the undying Empress " hold us all in high favour!  To mention HER! That is the most wonderful thing he could ever have done.  I shall pray to Her so fervently before I leave, that She may bestow Her Blessings upon My Beloved Constantin.

He called himself a humble man.  Modest, most certainly, My Love, but humble?  No, you are the greatest treasure I have ever known, that I shall ever know, and I shall love you for ever.

My parents left us alone soon after, giving us our privacy and space.  To have their acceptance is simply perfect.  I knew they would approve of him and adore him.  Oh, this happiness that I have been granted!  How shall I ever show my gratitude?  There must surely be a way, but I cannot think of it.  I shall begin by devoting today's inevitable Victory to God and My Eternal Empress, by striking down heresy and evil.  Yet that shall not be enough, how could it be?

I shall consider the matter more deeply, and perhaps ask Constantin for his thoughts.  Who else would better know about acts of devotion?  Until then, My Love, continue to sleep soundly, and dream of our future, a future of creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment