You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
17-03-YC121

There is much talk of the Triglavians declaring war, though their recent transmission, broadcast across New Eden, is so full of distorted gibberish, it is impossible to tell what the real message is.  Trust some Gallentean tabloid rag and its muckracker pseudo-journalists to sensationalise the most meaningless thing.  If they wish to be enemies of Amarr, so be it.  We shall stand against them, as we have stood against all others who would have the temerity to threaten us.  I would rather, however, if we are to have any dealing with them at all, they stand with us, as allies.  They appear to be opposed to those animals the Drifters, and what revenge we could wreak together.  Revenge for the Drifters cowardly attack on The Eternal Empress.



He surprised me! Dear, sweet Constantin.  How is it that you always find new ways to bring my unexpected delight.

I had gone to the Cafe after the operation, once I had gone through the debrief and had opportunity to freshen up.  I had hope the others would be there, but they were not, although Captain Daphiti did make a brief appearance.  Constantin must have snuck in whilst I was distracted talking to the Captain.  He ever-so-silently came up behind me and put his arms around.  A little dangerous, I do not like to think what I would have done had I not quickly realised it was My Love, but oh it was wonderful to see him.  He rather spoilt my intentions go back to Nakri and climb into bed with him, but so long as we are reunited, it does not matter where or how.

We talked, after Captain Daphiti left to "clean her ship" (how kind and considerate she is to give us time together - I do so like her), of many things. He told me of his expeditions into Abyssal space!  How brave he is, but oh, how I shall now worry for him as much as he worries for me.  Then we spoke of things we would like to do, and he asked if I would like to talk a walk beside a sea.  A real sea, on a planet!  I was so embarrassed to tell him I had never done such a thing.  I have been planteside so rarely, and always on formal occassions to military facilities or the estates of important persons, that I have never had the opportunity to just see the natural beauty of a planet for itself.  Bless him, he did not laugh or tease.  No!  He then and there whisked me up and hurried me away to a shuttle.

Very soon we had made the few jumps to Amarr, and landed on Amarr Prime.  We ended up at a most exquisite little beachside restaurant, apparently owned and operated by former slaves of My Beloved's family.  Strange, I should have known a family of such standing would be Holders, and yet I did not expect it.  I think it should an unusual experience for me, to be the wife of a slave-owner, when we have had such little cause in my own family to ever exercise that Right in generations.

Wife?  I must not get carried away with such thoughts, pleasant as they are.  Silly little cat.

He had the staff move our table into the surf!  How exciting it was, yet such an odd sensation to have actual sea waves lapping over my feet and legs.  The sea was surprisingly warm, although it took me some time to get accustomed to, and I must have splashed about like a foolish school-girl for what must have seemed an eternity to My Love.  He has such patience!

We ate dinner, and then after arranging a room in the attached hotel, we went swimming.  We had to get swimwear, although, rather daringly, I tried to persuade Constantin such was not necessary - he quite rightly pointed out that other may have taken objection on the grounds of decency.  It was a nice thought.  We spent a wonderfully long time in a secluded little area near the hotel, but out of sight, with some small lamps giving us enough light in the darkness of night to see by.  He looked to handsome and majestic there, his tattoos even darker against his dark skin,  the beads of water glistening across the muscles of his magnificent body, his deep, beautiful, soulful eyes glittering every time the light caught them as he looked at me so lovingly.  We made love in the water, rolling with the gentle waves, only the two of us in the entire universe as the moon shone down on our entwined bodies.  We then crept back to our room and gave ourselves to each other again.

He is sleeping as I write this.  I will have to return to Mehatoor soon, likely before he wakes, as I have another duty cycle in but a few short hours.  I shall leave him a little note to ask him to go back to Nakri, and I will meet him there when I am again off duty.  We must spend as much time together as we can before his own duties call him away from the Empire.  I have a strange, uncomfortable premontion that the next time we part, it may be for some time.  I hope it is just the echoes of a nagging doubt, My Darkness deep down inside trying to undermine my confidence, my happiness.  Yet I fear it is more than that.

I love you, Constantin, I am in love with you, and my heart, mind, and body I give unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment