You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
13-04-YC121

It has been a most busy few days, I have, again, neglected this diary - and yet I feel I have barely anything to write.  Assisting the Navy with patrols has meant I have seen a lot of action, but little of any real significance - certainly not as grand or impressive as my comrades, especially Lieutenant Lioncourt or Captain Elkin.  Between patrols, of course, there is putting thing in place in, and for, Nafrivik.  Again, there is little solid to see as yet, but then as I am sure Papa would wisely intone, the more unseen preparations, the more successful the results - or something akin to that.  Papa would phrase it much more profoundly.

I miss Constantin, painfully so.  I have not even had time to communicate much with him, though we have written to one another.  Every time I read his words I fall in love with him all over again - not that there is the slightest chance of my ever not being in love with him.  I wish I could write a beautifully as he.  I do worry he must find my replies tragically dull and uninspiring, but words fail me, and I find it so hard to convey my true feelings.

The Directrix shared with me the most wonderful idea, and I curse myself that I did not think of it sooner.  A virtual world, a special, unique creation for Constantin and I.  Indeed, created by us, together.  We can touch, and feel, and sense, as though we were together in reality - and I hear, do the things we do together in reality!  I shall suggest it to My Love when next we speak.  I am sure he will agree, for it will help the both of us to accept a little easier our being apart.

I have so much to be thankful for, and so many happy events have enriched my life of late, that I know I should give proper thanks to God and to Her.  There is only one place I can think sacred and special enough, but of course I must ask permission to visit it.  I shall also contact Alizabeth, and humbly request a little time aboard her Silver Magnate.  It will also be a welcome opportunity to speak with Alizabeth herself, and perhaps get to know her better.  I do so very much like the Marshal Protector, and admire her even more - I harbour a hope, foolish perhaps but sincere nonetheless, that we may become friends in time.                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment