You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
20-02-YC121

He came! He came to Nakri, to our Estate.  Dear, sweet Constantin came here.

Ishta has been staying with my family, continuing her studies and spiritual salvation with Father Mikhail (such patience he has), and I had been to see Felix, having found more useful junk for him Ishta was in the guest room, which has effectively become hers, listening to her music.  I only decided to visit her on a whim, or at least that is what I had thought.  I know now that it was Divine Guidance.  We spoke about Sirna, briefly, how I had not seen or heard from her.  I do not know why, but I told Ishta I was not going to wait for her sister any longer.  Why should I?  Regardless, in the middle of our conversation, Ishta received a message.  I assumed that was Sirna, given the ironic humour the universe seems so fond of, especially as the caller quite boldly asked if they could be invited round, to see me specifically, not Ishta.  It was then Ishta informed me it was someone from SFRIM, though I could not for the life of me imagine who.  They also wished to remain anonymous!  I suppose out of natural curiosity I agreed, although I was reasonably confident it could not be anyone untoward.  Even stranger was the fact that no sooner had I agreed, Dzerzhinsky found me, in that way that he does no matter where one is, to inform me that this mysterious visitor, whom Dzerzhinsky would not name, had already arrived and was waiting in the Drawing Room!  Having had my curiousity so piqued, I marching immediately there to see exactly who this person was.

Constantin!

I shall never forget seeing him stood there, his tall, majestic, handsome frame in the middle of our Drawing Room! He was every bit as breath-catching as when I had first met him.  Dear Constantin! He even began with an apology for not having written first.  Is he not just the finest, most polite gentleman in the entirety of New Eden?  I sincerely believe that he is.

Our time together was fleetingly short, but it has made my heart and soul soar to see him, if only for thirty minutes.  Oh, but I would be overjoyed to spend any amount of time with him, no matter how short or long.  He gave me a kiss on the cheek (oh Constantin, I would have kissed you far more fervently had Dzerzhinsky not been present) and we parted, but I know in my heart we shall be together again soon.  He has only just left, not more than ten minutes ago, and I shall fall asleep very soon with his kiss still warm on my cheek.

I blew a kiss after him as he left.  I pray that my kiss keeps him safe until I have him in my arms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment