You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.

 15-10-YC125

It is a somewhat bittersweet affair when a long-standing organisation comes to the end of its existence, even if, not so long ago, that organisation would have been an enemy, but, alas, such is the destiny of some.  An enemy they are no longer, of course, so it was only right that the Directrix, myself, and Aria attend the function hosted by General Vero, formerly Moira.

There were some interesting lots on offer, and I am quite sure the good General raised a not unimpressive amount for her new ventures.  The Directrix, I know, bid on some items on behalf of LUMEN, and I myself was only too happy to make some offers on some Slicers and a Harbinger.  The Slicers I was successful on, although the final price was pushed up to over double due it being a public auction.  Still, all to a good cause, both in terms of my bid and the items received in return.  I have plans for those Slicers.

Unfortunately, I appear to have been rather less successful with the Harbinger.  Most frustrating, as not only is it a fine class of vessel, but this one belonged to General Vero herself, and I was hoping to carry on the ship's no doubt grand and honourable history.  Interestingly, it seems Aria outbid me in the last moments being closing, my attention being unavoidably taken elsewhere.  I thought we had an agreement, but perhaps that was not of the nature I believed it to be.  Well, as irksome as that may be, at least I know that someone worthy is now in possession of her; and it also means more proceeds for the General.

It was good to show our new, and understandably wary, allies that we in LUMEN come in genuine friendship, and I believe we made a suitably positive impression in this.  I had expected to see Edward there and am surprised he was not, although if he somehow found out I had bid on those Slicers, I have little doubt that it was he who was pushing the price up.  That would be typical of one of his "jests".

Now, I just need to organise getting the Slicers back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment