You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.

 27-08-YC125

I attended the 20th anniversary celebrations last night and, as always with LUMEN events, they were a wonderful mix of song, dance, and religious observation.

I took Lena with me as the importance of such an occasion demands having one's handmaid; besides which she is such an astute observer having her eyes and ears I though would prove useful.  One never knows what valuable information people may inadvertently drop at these gatherings.

The religious floats and icons were awe-inspiring.  Sadly I expect the deeper meaning was lost on the guests not of The Faith, but such spectacle is not for them.  I must say that the display was of such quality as to rival a Holy Day in Nakri, such was the strength of belief and respect.

One unexpected blessing was Riccoda, whom I have not seen in such a long time.  He was as sweet, lovely, and kind as ever, and oh how I have missed him.  The poor dear has been under such pressures and trouble that it is little wonder he has been scarcely present, but I hope such things are behind him now and we shall see much more of him soon.  He spoke of returning to combat, and if it is not too wicked of me to tease so, we are fortunate he is a lot more skilled at fighting than dancing.

I was surprised not to see Ishta there - or was I?  She too has been scarce, though for quite different reasons.  I cannot say I entirely agree with her shunning us as she does, even if I do understand why she feels it must be so.  I pray that vile business is done with soon.  The petty revenge of vacuous lords is so unseemly.

Speaking of which, it seems someone is troubling the Directrix.  I do hope she accepts my offer of help.  Unfortunately there are those who still judge her by her social rank rather than by her obvious, and surely famous, merits, and they are the sort who shall only listen to the words of other nobles.  It is of constant irritation to me that someone as loyal, devoted, Faithful, and intelligent as the Directrix does not hold the Titles and Privileges she so clearly deserves by her nature.

Ah, but how exquisite and beautiful she looked, and with the healthy glow of a woman in her condition!  I do hope she will forgive me for my mindless lack of etiquette.  Perhaps she will not notice, as I am not sure if many outside of Nakri have this way, but I should not have asked her how long she was due!  I do not know what came over me to be so crude and thoughtless.  Lena quite rightly admonished me afterwards and I have offered my Prayers this morning to the healthy and happy birth of the child.

Children!  There was an overgrown child at the celebrations in the form of Edward.  He acts like some sort of school-boy struggling with hormones.  As usual he was surrounded by a gaggle of fawning admirers like some sort of degenerate Gallente holo-star and his - what do they call them?  Groupers or some such?  It was amusing, in a way, yet also rather tiresome.  It simply encourages his worst behaviours, strutting around like one of the peacocks in the Gardens District.  It must have stoked his arrogance also, as he had some sort of encounter with one of the Directrix's operatives.  I do not know who she is, nor what this disagreement was over, but where Edward is concerned is likely something inane and inconsequential.  Lena tells me she overheard him claim that the woman he was speaking to "rejected" him - so I can likely guess what that about.

At least Kley did not start a fight with him, although it did look like she was trying to provoke him for some reason.  She is far more suited to a battlefield than a ballroom.  I also heard someone address her as "IlKhan".  Quite unseemly.

Thank Goodness we had that beautiful music and choir to brighten our evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment