You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
16-03-YC122

Damn Aldrith and his bitter cynicism!  Sometimes I wonder if he really does have Faith in Final Victory.  What of it if the Yassavi station has been destroyed?  Assets can be replaced, and this war is about far more than materiel.  It is about ideals! We are defending our way of live from those who would see it and us destroyed.

Despite his selfish and ill-mannered outburst last night, it was not the crushing defeat that he would make it appear.  It was a Victory, granted by God and The Eternal Empress, not only on the battlefield, but much wider.  In all those who observed, whether there for the moment or on later reports, in their hearts and minds it was a moral Victory.  We have shown the enemy that we shall not simply be wished away, that no matter how loud their base, animalistic howling may grow, we shall now scurry away like frightened children and some unseen and insubstantial threat.  We shall stand against them, and we shall win!

I would have thought that someone who was once a supposed Court Poet would have seen the value in such symbolism, but perhaps his creativity has withered along with his Will.  I respect Aldrith as much as I ever did, and care for him deeply, but he seems to have changed so much from the man I once knew and once held so dearly in my heart, even loved.  I fear that he now fights only because he knows nothing else, rather than because he believes, because he wants to.

Regardless, I celebrate our achievement.  Not only did we destroy a significant number of the enemy, we did so with efficiency, and minimal losses.  Credit must go to Gian Bal for his sterling leadership.  I hope I shall serve under him again.  Indeed, I shall keep TMOC in mind, in case my time with PIE should draw to a natural close.  Two Maidens, One Chalice. Such an unusual name.  I shall have to enquire as to its origin.

I also made the acquaintance of Lord Draconis.  I cannot help by have the notion we have met briefly before, but it must have been some time ago, for he appeared to have no recollection of me.  His Grace was extremely pleasant and kind, and even offered to be an ear to listen when he believed, because of Aldrith's ill-placed words, that I was demoralised in some way.  Quite the opposite, or if I was it was due to Aldrith, not the outcome of the battle - such a thrill to command an Abaddon-class for a change! I am sure I shall be more than happy to take up His Grace's offer at another opportunity, however.  I am sure his would be a most beneficial friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment