You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.
03-03-YC122

God and the Eternal Empress be Praised!  Victory in Floseswin is ours!  My part in it was but small, and there is always more I know I could have done, yet I am so immensely Honoured to have served.  I am proud too, of myself, arrogant though that sounds.  I overcame much anxiety and self-doubt, and I feel confident that in the future, the very near future, I shall be able to give so much more of myself.

I am also proud of my family and all it gave for the war-effort.  Mama contacted me as soon as she heard the news, and told me that both Papa and Kolya have been summoned to Sarum Prime, though we know not why.  Perhaps it is more hubris, but I hope that it is for some little recognition for our services to our Liege Lord Sarum, but we shall see.

Aldrith has released a missive, offering his advice that rather than consolidate our position in the system, we should take the opportunity whilst the Tribals recover and lick their wounds, to remove all our forces from the area.  I am not entirely sure how I feel about such a prospect.  Perhaps it is wise, perhaps not, though were I of a position to do so, I would advocate at least leaving some clandestine forces behind.  It would be the ideal opportunity for an extension of Operation Afterlight.  Perhaps Papa will suggest it to the Military Commanders if he has the opportunity.

Certainly one cannot fault the bravery of Tribals, even if they are our enemy.  Many of them have shown far greater dedication to their own cause than so-called Loyalist to our Empire.  Surely our Motherland must weep at those who have raised such cowardly doubts about our Divine Cause, and who refused to serve God and Her Imperial Majesty as is their duty.  I can only be thankful that this campaign has ended in Victory and Vindication for those truly of the Faith.  We must be ever watchful for the enemy within, and the events of the past few months have brought many of them to light.  I hope the Ministry of Internal Order shall deal with them quickly.

Praise be to God!  Praise be to the Eternal Empress!  I shall spend this night in thankful Vigil and prayer to the Honoured Fallen.

Amarr Victor!

No comments:

Post a Comment