You're where the Wild Things are...

An in-character blog set in the universe of EVE Online. These are the private diary entries of Lady Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, a minor Amarrian Noble and Capsuleer. Other existing characters within EVE will be referred to throughout, though any opinions and views expressed are those of this character. These entries may touch on or directly address mature themes such as violence, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and mental health. As noted, any views are those of the character.

Before we begin, I feel it important to say a few words on the subject of mental health. Ekaterina, or Ekat as many call her, is something of a troubled soul. This aspect of her character is a personal choice I have made, for very personal reasons. Although EVE is a game in which the players can immerse themselves to a greater or lesser degree as they wish, mental health is a very real issue for many people. Those two simple words cover a myriad different issues and concerns that affect people directly or indirectly every day all, over the world.

If you find yourself affected by any issues touched upon in these posts, or if you face your own troubles, please know that there are people out there you can turn to; doctors, friends, family - there is ALWAYS someone. If you are an EVE player, then Broadcast 4 Reps chat is available, staffed by wonderfully kind and good-hearted volunteers. If you know of someone who has mental health issues, then please just let them know you are there. It doesn't have to be anything big, just a smile, a cup of tea, a quick phone call about last night's game - just a little thing to show they aren't forgotten.

You Never Fly Alone.

 


09-10-YC128


    A busy yet most satisfying week.  Aside from some productive discussions with Felix on some production changes on our Belaya Planeta facilities, and Kolya being home again, which is always a delight, and some promising signs on rekindling Sasha and Ramina - Tanechka really does need a proper mother-figure - the icon I wrote even won the Jubilee competition.

    The judges were very kind and had one or two interpretations that I honestly had not seen myself, although I recall now Father Mikhail saying those very same things as he was guiding me.  Of course, I should not give in to pride, but I am rather pleased they not only found it pleasurable to look it but also read it as an icon is supposed to be read, seeing the message within.  Father Mikhail seems rather impressed too - or at least he nodded with what I believe was approval - and he has said that he will place it in the family chapel.  He even suggested I carry it in the next Holy Day procession!  I am sure it will not even be noticeable amongst all the other icons written by the monks and nuns here, whose work is beyond comparison, but it is still a very great honour.

    With celebrations done, the focus now really ought to be work.  There is much to do.  Felix has identified some inefficiencies in our planet-side facilities, but I think that his ideas will address those issues.  There are also some expansions to the School's curriculum that we would like to implement.  We have had some very positive responses, and Lord Osowiec has been most supportive.

    I also really must find the time to get back in the capsule, as they say.  I cannot believe it has been so long, distracted as I have been with a great many other duties, but as I consider it, I realise I do rather miss the freedom of the stars.

    Besides, once again those vile heretics raise their cowardly heads in their so-called Crimson Harvest, and what faithful servant of the Empress would I be if I did not at least play some small part in the stand against them?

    That, and I rather enjoy blowing their ships apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment